Sunday, December 9, 2007

Now I remember

Now I vividly remember the nights where I was awake more than I was asleep. Last night was one of them. Connor has the same cough that he's had since he was 2 weeks old (he's always had it, just in varying degrees), and it's horrible now. And of course shotgun season opened yesterday, which means Kyle isn't home.

He started coughing at 11:30 last night. I woke up because I thought that would wake him up. I went into his room, and he was still asleep. I went back to bed and went back to sleep.

12:30 - coughing again, this time wakes up crying. I get some cough medicine because I realize this isn't going to get any better. I give him cough medicine and get him back to sleep. I get the vaporizor going, and put one of those "plug-in" vaporizors in the wall as well to hopefully help. I get back in bed, it's 1am.

1:45 - awake coughing again. This time he's coughing pretty hard, and is very unsettled. I make a bottle and he drinks the whole thing. Goes back to sleep. I get back in bed around 2:30ish.

3am - coughing again. Awake again. Now he's pissed. I try to comfort him some more, I'm pretty sure his top teeth hurt that are coming in, because he's not even been too interested in his pacifier the last couple of days. So now he's uncomfortable, can't sleep because he's coughing, and can't calm himself down. I think I get back in bed around 3:30 - but I'm near delirious at this point.

4am - coughing again. This time I let him go to see if he can put himself back to sleep. This just escalates until he's TOTALLY pissed off. Finally at 4:15ish or so (lost track of time and don't care at this time, just SO want some sleep!) I go get him, and he has no interest in going back to sleep. I end up making another bottle in while he gobbles down and goes back to sleep. I get back in bed at 4:40 and this time I'm thanking God it's not Monday where my alarm would be going off in 5 minutes.

6:30 - Tyler wakes up! ARGH! This is the same kid that we have to wake up almost every day of the week! I get up and think "at least Connor will sleep some more". I get out to the living room, looking forward to making some coffee and maybe reading some of the paper, and proceed to knock over my Pampered Chef Stone that's in the kitchen sink - making the loudest noise possible in the house. Connor wakes up. *sigh*

No comments: