Sunday, November 16, 2008

I LOVE Christmas - Part 2

It's a cold day, so we're just going to stay inside and relax today. I think we could all use the rest (myself included - after having WAY too much fun at a wedding reception last night!), so Tyler is coloring on the floor, Connor is taking a nap, and Kyle just ran to the store quick.

Tyler is getting a bit restless after being cooped up every weekend, so I try all sorts of new things to keep him entertained. I found some packing paper that my husband brought home from work, and Tyler thinks its an enormous coloring book. I'm also digging out Christmas movies because there is nothing better than watching Christmas movies when you're cooped up inside on a cold day during Christmas season.

We're watching "A Christmas Story" today. If there was every a classic Christmas movie, that is it. I think I've watched the movie over 100 times, and between my mom, dad, sister and I - I'd bet that number could reach up to 500 times. We even play "A Christmas Story" trivia on Christmas sometimes.

Now, I'm passing this obsessive tradition on to my son. I've let him know that there is Santa in the movie, a gun and they stick their tongue to a metal pole and it gets stuck. He's VERY interested to see this now!

And for those of you that can't wait for TBS to start playing this over and over and over and over, here's the first 10 minutes....


No comments: