Tuesday, December 29, 2009

My coffee and my blog

Aaaahhhhh...... finally. I get to blog and just....sit. I almost couldn't believe it, but I did actually read some blogs last night, catching up on blogs I haven't looked at in a month. It was nice to read something other than "Good Night Gorilla" and the daily sheets from daycare. Kyle and the kids left for daycare, and the house is all mine!

It's been crazy lately. This week is what I refer to as "decompression week". It's a week off of work (with the whole plant shut down) which means no e-mails are coming in, very few phone calls, and I can pretty much stop thinking about that crazy place that I call work. We are on a break from school, so I don't have to read finance books that read like radio instructions or write 12 page papers for things I could say in 4. This is nice...

Christmas was great with the kids. They scored big with gifts! So much so that I put about half of them in a secret hiding place, and I will pull them out randomly throughout the year when we're in a desperate situation. Last year, I pulled the last one out on a rainy day in August. That was nice.

Some interesting things that have happened over the last month:

Tyler started drawing anatomically correct people at daycare. Yeeeeaaaa. His teacher sent two of the pictures home so we could talk to him. My favorite is "Mr. Anatomically Correct Snowman". The funny thing is that Tyler doesn't see the issue. I couldn't help but laugh (silently to myself, of course), and we talked about why that isn't good to do.

Connor will not poop on the toilet to save his life. He's got the peeing down, and will go by himself now. I always just pray that he poops when he wakes up with a pull-up on, or you never know what you will have throughout the day. Put it this way, we borrowed the carpet shampooer from the neighbors twice now. The finally told us to just keep it here and they will borrow it from us.

I have so much I want to do this week - I'm wondering how much I will actually get done. I always have high aspirations, but usually only accomplish half. I need to clean out our sunroom, or better know as the "just throw it in the sunroom" room. It is our "junk collecting" room in the house. I am going to sort that out if it kills me.

Okay, off to get some work done, but my goal is to blog more. I wanted to start documenting our life to keep for my kids later, and for myself. I find myself going back to read blogs that I just wrote 6 months ago, and it's amazing that I don't remember any of that happening.
See you soon!

No comments: