Monday, January 17, 2011

Our bed in the morning

Over the last couple of weeks, there has been rarely a morning when I get out of my bed in the morning, and the only other person there is Kyle.  9 times out of 10 there is another body there, not for long, but none-the-less, there. 

The boys started sharing a room over Christmas.  This was the best idea we had ever had - because it took the room the was once Connor's (that he didn't use for anything except to sleep and it nicely stored toys along the walls), and it turned it into a functional office/game room.  It.  is.  awesome!!!   When you live in a three bedroom ranch with no basement, in the middle of the frozen tundra of Iowa (it's been so cold), it's so nice to just have someplace else to go.  Kyle made himself an "office" (since he works from home frequently), and we set up a TV in there for the Wii.  The boys love it, I love it, and I smile just thinking about it.

What that did though, is put our boys in one room.  That has been working out great, except when they wake up at 4:30 or 5am.  I would've usually just put them back in their bed, but am careful not to do that now, because I don't want to wake the other one up (they've been known to do that), and I guess, I kind-of like it.

This morning it was Tyler.  He came in at about 5:30, and we know him too well.  That kid only wakes up when he's hungry.  He's so predictable.  Since we had people over to watch football yesterday, he was distracted and didn't eat as much as he normally would.  He did lay down, but tossed and turned and flipped and banged his hands on the headboard.  Finally at about 6am I got up with him and we went out to the kitchen.  I asked him what he wanted to eat... his response?  "Anything..."  Poor guy.  He ate party potatoes, some oatmeal, some macaroni and cheese and some chicken.  Wow.

2 days ago it was Connor in our bed.  That kid can snore like nobody's business.  Holy Lord.  I had him on one side of me and Kyle on the other.  Connor was snoring so loud, I gave up and decided to try to sneak out of bed.  No luck.  I accidently woke him up while attempting my stealthy moves, and then had a very crabby Connor for the rest of the morning.  I should've just laid there, but my lord he's loud.

I can say one thing, and that is I certainly don't mind being woken up that way.  Someone standing inches from my face, breathing on me, but usually just wanting me to help them.   I gladly pull them up in bed, and try to suck every ounce of "kidness" out of them, because they are growing up so fast.  Tyler is nearly 70 pounds and Connor is pretty much out of toddler clothes now.  Pretty soon we'll be shopping the mens department and buying shoes online because their foot are too big to buy shoes in stores.

Until then.... I'm going to look forward to cuddling with my boys.  Even if it means the morning comes much earlier than ever expected...

No comments: