Sunday, February 21, 2010

Advice from a 5 year old

I have been so forgetful lately. So forgetful, it's almost embarrassing. Two weeks ago, I got 23 miles into my commute, when I realized my computer was on the kitchen counter at home. I've forgotten my purse at least twice in the last couple of weeks, but at least I noticed that before I gotten out of town. It's got to the point where Kyle isn't even surprised when I walk back in the door anymore at home after just leaving.

Friday morning, I drove the kids to daycare. I had class all day Friday, and I'm usually frazzled on the mornings before school. I'm not sure why, maybe just because I want to get there, get it started, and get it done. I'm worried if we did the homework correctly, would I get called on that day, would there be a surprise presentation, etc.

As we were about halfway to daycare, I looked at the passenger seat beside me. I had my computer, I had my school bag, but no purse. I think I punched the steering wheel, and starting using code swear words... "frick, frick, ffffffffffff, dangit, crap, crap, crap!" was all that would come out of my mouth. I took the next turn I could, and started heading back home.

Tyler asked, of course, why we weren't going the right way to daycare. I told him I had forgot my purse at home, again....

Tyler: "Why did you forget your purse again, Mommy?"

Me: "Because I forget everything these days!" (I was still very frustrated!)

Tyler: "Why do you forget everything?"

I actually thought about how I should answer this, and figured the truth would be the best in this case.

Me: "Because I have too much on my mind sometimes, Tyler. I just forget stuff."

Tyler: "Maybe you could take some stuff off your mind." he suggested.

Now I'm smirking, because I realize I'm about to get a good dose of "Tyler advice". Tyler advice is the best advice you could get, because it usually brings me back to reality, calms me down, and makes me giggle a little.

Me: "So, how should I take stuff off my mind?" I replied.

Tyler: "Well, maybe you could put some of it in your purse." He told me. "Maybe you could take one of your old purses, and put it in there, and then you could take it to Wal-Mart, and then you could leave that purse there. Then it would be off your mind, and gone."

Perfect, Tyler. Again, thank you for making these things that seem so big, and seem to ruin my day at times, so simple and so unimportant in the big picture of life!

1 comment:

Peggy said...

I love it! ♥ Wise words, Tyler.