Thursday, February 11, 2010

I jinxed myself

Yesterday morning I was talking to one of the other parents at daycare, and she mentioned how everyone in her house had been sick, so it had already been through her family. I jinxed myself by saying, "We've been healthy all winter, it's actually been odd..."

Connor didn't sleep well that night before. It took him over 2 hours to fall asleep, and he cried. Connor doesn't cry when he's going to sleep. He had gas, so we thought it was something he maybe ate, and gave him some antacid. He also woke up at 2am crying. Not like him, at all.

Kyle called me on my way home and said daycare had called and said Connor had a 103 fever, and gunk draining out of his hear. Awesome. Fever means he can't go back to daycare until Friday, and the gunk means a ruptured eardrum and ear infection.

The doctor gave us Zithromax and ear drops, so we headed to Wal-Mart to fill those. I needed to get stuff for Tyler's Valentine's Day Party today anyway, so that worked out okay.

While in the Valentine's aisle at Wal-Mart, Connor announced to me that he had to poop. I zoomed to the back of the store (FYI - Wal-Mart's halfway clean bathrooms are usually in the back!), and we made it. He pooped, and everyone was happy.

While back in the Valentine's aisle again, I could smell poop. "Please God, let that not be Connor..." I said. But, Connor announced to me that he pooped in his pants. He wasn't done pooping when he told me he was earlier. Awesome again.

We headed to the bathroom that is one aisle away, which is the one in front of the store.

Pause, for editorial comment to Wal-Mart: Dear Wal-Mart - What do you have against cleaning bathrooms? Seriously, I don't think I have stepped foot in a dirtier truck stop restroom, than yours was last night. The toilets looked like they hadn't been cleaned in weeks, and the dead flowers on the sink added such a nice touch. You know that greeter that stands there and does not a whole lot all day? How about giving him a scrub brush sometime... or maybe using cleaner when you clean the restrooms. Seriously, a 97 cent bottle of bleach could do wonders in there...

As we were in the bathroom, I took off Connor clothes. I had no diaper bag with me, so made an executive decision. The underwear just had to go. I cleaned him up the best I could, while getting poop on his shoes, his socks, and the floor. I threw the underwear in the toilet and flushed. Sorry, Wal-Mart. If your bathroom hadn't had me near puking, I might've figured something else out.

I got his clothes back on, and we finally got out of the store without a hitch, minus one pair of underwear.

I always have believe in jinxing, and now it has been confirmed. Next time, I will keep my mouth shut!

No comments: