Monday, March 1, 2010

I have to find a snowplow

I had to go out of town for work this week, so I'm sitting in a hotel in North Carolina.

I remember when I was a little... my dad would go out of town for work and would come home with cool stuff for us. Now that I think back, I think he just gave us stuff that the supplier that he went to visit, gave him (flashlights, rulers, pens, etc.), but to me as a kid, it was COOL! I loved that stuff, and would usually bring it for show and tell.

Now, every time before I have to go somewhere that will keep me overnight, I ask Tyler what he would like me to bring him. (Out of a tremendous sense of guilt, I guess, I will buy him a toy/snack/fill in the blank - pretty much whatever he asks for). This time, he asked for a snowplow. Yes, a snowplow.

I have no idea where this came from. He apparently wants a truck that looks like a snowplow. The only thing I can think that would be close is when we were at Wal-Mart yesterday, we stopped to looked at the toy cars. I think I remember seeing a John Deere that had a blade on it. Tyler must've seen it too, and just got in his mind that he wanted it.

So, I'm in North Carolina, looking for a snowplow.

I apologize in advance Tyler, but I don't think there will be much of an opportunity to get a snowplow, unless I go to Wal-Mart and get one, which would be ridiculous because we have a Wal-Mart 2 miles from our house. And, it doesn't snow here, really at all. They are talking about it "possibly snowing in Charlotte" on the news (Insert Newscaster's "GASP!" here), but seriously, it was 52 degrees when I got here today, and there are flowers planted in the ground.

I love you're thinking though, Tyler. You're always on it, your mind always going. Your big, huge, green/hazel eyes looking at me, telling me to have a good trip, was awesome! Thanks buddy! I needed that!

No comments: