Friday, May 21, 2010

The big accomplishment

The Frog Hollow Class of 2010!

Tyler graduated from Preschool on Wednesday. Yes, preschool. I barely held it together the whole ceremony (with just a slight tear during the Pledge of Allegiance) and thought I would be able to get through it without totally bursting into tears, and then Tyler's teacher read a poem called, "When I was a Preschooler". She started bawling and so did I. Luckily my friend in front of my handed me a kleenex so I could stop non-chalantly using my hand to wipe my nose.

It was so darling though, and I think the best part, the kids were all so darn proud. I'm sure they don't quite get the jist of it, but Tyler thinks he's an official "big kid", now, with the diploma and all. I was impressed with the caps and gowns, but for the mint we are paying that place, I'm surprised they didn't also contribute to their college fund.

I took 77 pictures in all that night. 77. And people call me Wang (from Caddyshack - you know who you are!).
Tyler wants to know when he can graduate again. I took him probably kindergarten we'll celebrate, and then he'll have a long road to high school. Then he asked about graduating from college, to which I jumped all over (keep those higher education thoughts coming!), and told him yes - and he'll even get to wear Hawkeye colors that day in his cap and gown! (Okay - so I can hope!)  He can't wait!

Tyler leading in the group!  Walking with his teacher, Miss Alishia
He was so excited to get his diploma!  That was the hardest handshake I had ever seen!
Tyler with Miss Alishia - he just LOVES her! 
The group after receiving their diplomas!

1 comment:

loren said...

Awwww... I love that they had capes or whatever they call those things. Cloaks? Ah, ROBES, hahahaha... I'm a little slow today!

Glad he liked it so much. I'm not sure MY kids knew what was going on ;)