Sunday, May 30, 2010

The beautiful smell of summer...

The other night we got home a bit later than normal.  It was that most perfect time of night where the sky was beautiful, the air was beautiful, and just everything about the evening was absolutely perfect.  I got out of the car, and just smiled.  And kept smiling as memories raced through my head as to just WHY I love those nights...

It was one of those evenings where the air is the perfect temperature, the sky is so gorgeous you just want to take pictures of it to keep it forever.  I remember bike rides as a kid, playing on swingsets, and running around and screaming, just because we could.  





The grass becomes the perfect grass that you just want to walk through because it is the perfect texture and just feels good.  As a kid, I remember just laying in it because it was also just right.  


I remember sparklers and fireworks.  I remember baseball games and parks.  I remember boat rides.  I guess I just remember happy.  And those perfect evenings just bring everything back. 

Most of all, I remember the smell.  The smell of dusk.  The perfect air temperature where you wish the evening would never end so you could enjoy it forever. 

So, I did take pictures of it so I could enjoy it forever.  Now, if I could just figure out a way to bottle up that smell, I'm pretty sure I could sell it and make a million. 

No comments: