Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Texting Tyler

Sitting here at work, in my office, and for some reason, I almost picked up my phone and texted Tyler.  Yes, Tyler, my 5-year-old son (that doesn't have a phone). 

Sometimes at work I just think about them, a lot.  I wonder what they are doing. 

I remember that today is Wednesday, which means it is "sprinkler day", so I hope that Tyler found his swimsuit and towel today at daycare.  He has been known to lose them.  They are good about holding the kids accountable for taking care of their things, so if they can't find their suit that day, they can't go swimming.  I would say that is good motivation!  But being a mom, I would drive down from Cedar Rapids and bring him another suit if that meant he got to go to the pool that day or play in the water, since that is his favorite thing to do.  When it's happened before he just said "Yea, I couldn't find my suit today until after swimming, so I stayed here with some of the kids.  It was okay.  I played with Legos.  I need to be more careful of what I do with my stuff.  I found my suit in the clean laundry basket anyway because I didn't pick it up when they asked me to..."  (Holy Crap!  This is my kid???  Holding himself accountable?)

I had to run to Walgreens at lunch, and they had a sale on those silly bracelets that are in style with kids these days.  Those bracelets that are all different shapes that they trade and stuff.  (Reminds me of the rubber bracelets I had as a kid.)   I picked him up 4 packages of them (as he loses them quickly).

It really made me stop, when I thought "I should text Tyler and tell him I picked up some of the bracelets he had been eyeing at the mall...", but quickly remember... I can't. 

I wish there was a way I could send him messages in the day, just to tell him I love him and Connor.  And I'll see them tonight... that they can help me cut the grass, and we'll play outside and enjoy the warm evening air. 

Someday I will...  I'm missing you boys right now.....

No comments: