Monday, September 28, 2009

You want a what???

Tonight I picked up a VERY excited Tyler from Daycare. He was so proud to show me the "prize" he won today at the School Store. They have special "store" at the daycare that they stash with goodies and prizes, and when kids are really, really good, they get to go to the store and pick out whatever they want.

Tyler was so excited to show me his magic wand.

First, I thought this was hilarious! I, myself, had bought myself a magic wand last year, just to keep at work to make sure everything was done, and done perfectly. (HA! I haven't got it to work, quiet yet!)

Then, I thought this was very cute. A little boy picked out a sparkly magic princess wand that has a star on the top. He likes to take it and put it on your head and say "ding!", just like they do in cartoons or movies.

While we were on our way home, I asked him what he was going to do with his magic wand. He didn't understand what I meant, so I tried to explain it to him...

"Well, a magic wand grants wishes..." I told him. "Like if someone wants a lot of money, they wish for that, then you say 'ding' and they get the money they want."

"Or, what else?", he asked.

"Or, if someone wants to be very happy for the rest of their lives, they make that wish, and then you say 'ding' and it comes true for them! That would be a very special wish!" I thought he would catch on to this one, and think that was a very special wish.

"Oh, I get it!", he said.

"So, what are you going to wish for, for yourself?", I asked him.

"I want a monkey." He said.

Nice.

No comments: