Wednesday, October 7, 2009

I love this kid

I was sure the minute that he was born, that he was different. I have been right ever since.

I'm certain that Connor was put on this earth, specifically, to make me laugh. He started smiling when he was 2 weeks old (really, I'm not making that up!), and hasn't stopped. He smiles at everything, and always smiles at me.

Okay, so being two, he does have his moments, but he is such a neat kid.

Our nighttime routine is just that - quite routine. We usually all read books in Tyler's room, then go to Connor's room where I sit with him in the rocking chair just long enough for him to start rubbing his eyes (succumbing to his drowsiness), and I then put him in bed.

Tonight, as we were sitting in the rocking chair, saying our last good nights ("Mommy nite-nite too?", he always asks. It always makes me giggle.), he all of a sudden, took his finger and started tracing all around my face. He first traced the outline of my face, then my nose, and tried to do my eyes, but his fingers kept tripping over my glasses. I took my glasses off my face and closed my eyes. He kept tracing all around my eyes, my mouth, my nose, ever so gently. It was almost as if he was saying, "Mom, I know you're totally stressed out, how can I help?", without saying any words.

I closed my eyes, and enjoyed every second of that. He was so calm and completely and totally relaxed, and I sat there and just let all of the stress of everything melt off of my body. It was absolutely incredible.

He finally closed his eyes a bit, so I put him down in bed. I walked out of his room, still thinking about what he did. Although it seems so small, I'm wondering what made him do that?

Sometimes I think he knows my soul so well, he knows exactly what it needs.

1 comment:

Trish said...

Yes, you have wonderful little boys. And all the joys that these small tokens of affection bring will stay in your heart forever.

Congratulations on your group of employees who think enough of you to recognize you in the Gazette today.

Take care,