Monday, October 26, 2009

Where the garbage goes

It's 6:18am by the time on my computer, and the house is quiet. Everyone is still asleep, and that is pissing me off.

Connor has had a sleep aversion lately. I'm not sure if the potty training is confusing him (if he needs to go in the middle of the night) or if he's just decided to become a 2 year old insomniac. Whatever the case, our nights have been pretty short around here lately. Connor has been up at least 2 times in the middle of the night lately, as many as 4 last week once. I'm not ready to have an infant again.

Saturday and Sunday morning were much of the same. I think he was up at 5am Saturday, and it was a glorious 4:50am Sunday. Saturday I got him back to sleep, but had to hop in the shower myself so I could get to school. Sunday morning, he was NOT interested at all in going back to sleep. He finally sat straight up in the rocking chair, where I was trying to lull him back to sleep, and said "Watch Garbage 'gain?"

Connor's new favorite DVD is one we have called "Where the Garbage goes". I must admit, it is pretty educational, and if that doesn't want to make you become a hard-core recycler, I don't know what will. The video covers garbage men picking up your garbage, to sorting stuff at the recyling center, to making compost, to scrap-metal recycling - smashing cars and all. The video is wrapped up by "George" (the host) telling us how the garbage is eventually deposited into pods in the landfill. I know WAY to much about this show now. I've only watched it 842 times.

Regardless, Sunday morning started at 4:50 for me, and this morning is work. I finally reluctantly crawled out of bed at 5:15 just so I could possibly be halfway done getting ready by the time children started popping their heads out of their bedroom doors.

Here I sit. In silence. It's now 6:24 am. AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!

No comments: