Sunday, November 15, 2009

"Mommy, Mommy, Wipe my Butt"....

Kyle and I had decided about a week ago that we were going to have a "Thanksgiving" dinner at our house tonight. We invited the Ney's (our virtual family!) and cooked turkey, stuffing, corn casserole, rolls, mashed potatoes and gravy, and all the fixin's! It was awesome! (Mom...you would've been proud! I used your gravy recipe!!!)

Kyle went to cut wood today with Tyler, Mike and Mike's kids. While he was gone, Connor and I had to go to the store to make sure we had everything we needed for this feast we were having tonight.

Connor and I went to Hy-Vee, and not only did we get what we needed, we got just about everything else.... or so I thought, until we got to the car. I forgot Turkey bags.

Connor had been SO good in the store. I bought him a cookie in the store (as I usually do at Hy-Vee - but usually they have the jar of free cookies there. Today the jar was empty, so we had to buy a "Herky" cookie - which was totally worth the $2.50 it cost!). And we even got one of those car carts to ride around in - which is even better - he can pretend he is a race car driver as we drive around!

When we went back in the store, I decided to just keep him in a regular cart. I just forgot turkey bags, so the trip would take about 2 minutes. He stood up in the cart, and laughed as I moved faster and faster.

As we entered the store, he started the familiar chorus that is sung in my house...

"Mommy, Mommy, wipe my butt"......

Strangely enough, this song is sung with a definite rhythm, and smile. He sung it at the top of his lungs. For whatever sick reason, Tyler started this song about 6 months ago - as his "signal" when he's done pooping and needs his but wiped in the bathroom. Nice, right?

I kept trying to cover his mouth, and everytime I did that, he laughed hysterically. We even had the people in the aisles laughing. It was really cute, in a strange sort of way.

We got what we needed, and I eventually bought Connor a chocolate milk (something I am very opposed to) to get him to STOP signing. It worked, although I'm not sure Hy-Vee will ever be the same.

Thanks Connor. Ironically enough, I still wipe your butt, frequently. =)

No comments: