Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day, Kyle...

It's been nearly ten years that we've been married, and nearly 20 that we've known each other, and I don't think there has been a time that I have love you more, until now.  We've had our challenges (and we'll leave it at that), but know each other so well now, that we've seemed to have reached a perfect place.  As every relationship, we have learned, is not about challenges, but about loving the other person for everything.  For their perfect-ness and less-than-desireable parts.  It took us a while to figure that out, but after especially the last couple of months, we've come to a new place of love.  Thank you for being an awesome father for your boys too...

You do such a perfect job teaching them how to appreciate nature.  Although Connor was scared to death of these fish that were as big as him, you coaxed him up to the tank, and had him laughing and giggling in no time.

 
The boys would follow you anywhere, as long as you lead.  This has more meanings than I could even type.



You do such a good job at taking them places that they would otherwise not go on their own.  Connor would go beyond the 2 foot deep water, until you coaxed him into the deep end, and had him actually having fun. 
 

You are such a kid at heart too.  I have always noticed how kids are drawn to you.  At first I thought it was just your freckles, because they made you look different.  Kids always smiled at you.  I think though, it's just your young heart.  This sense of a kid that you carry with you everywhere.

l

I appreciated how you teach the boys to stop sometimes, and just enjoy what they are doing.  For living in a home with three boys that go 100 miles per hour most times, you seem to have taught them to enjoy what they need to enjoy.  Just stop and look. 



And the goofball in you is always there....



Always having fun...



 And still doing your part to save us money.  Even if it means Tyler gets the mohawk that he has been asking for for months.  This still makes me cringe, but that fact that you are okay with it, makes me smile.  Happy Father's Day, Kyle!!!

1 comment:

Peggy said...

I doing that exact thing to Brogan's hair on Wednesday! These boys really ARE alike. Looks good Tyler! My mom is having a fit at the thought but it's just hair, right? It grows back. He's heading out to my brother's in Nova Scotia on Friday morning and my brother is going to dye it for him while he's there. B wants "rainbow". His next haircut will get rid of it.