Sunday, October 3, 2010

Both kids are napping...

And since I don't remember the last time that happened and I actually chose to sit down instead of running around the house trying to get things done, I decided to catch up on this.. my "journal".

Lots of random things happening around the house lately.  Here are a few of them, in pictures...

 We built a shed in our backyard.  And by "we" I mean Kyle and the guys/boys of the neighborhood.  This includes anyone else that we could recruit.  We did our best to keep the child labor laws in mind, and didn't pay the younger kids for anything they might've done to help.  We at one time though, had a 15 year old doing the roof.  He did a great job, seriously.  I was surprised!
 Our backyard looked like Menards threw up, for about a week.  Now it's 99% finished, and just needs paint, and sorry I don't have a finished picture of it.  Once it has paint, I'll post that too. 

 Someone had a 6th birthday.  This was our own little birthday party we had at home.  He loved it!

Tyler opening presents in the kitchen.  It was like Christmas - and had so much fun!
 We went to the University of Iowa Homecoming Parade on Friday night.  I attempted many times to get cute pictures of the boys, and this is the best I got, seriously.  The boys had a blast, and got tons of candy, toys, tattoos, and junk that they don't need.  They loved it!

 Another failed attempted while walking to the car.  Yes, that is a Branstad for Govoner sticker on the back of Connor's shirt. 

 So, if I can't get a picture of the boys, I will take a picture of the beautiful Old Capital.  While walking back to the car it was so beautiful, I couldn't help but take like 15 pictures.  The sky was perfect, and it was just, well, perfect.
Come all alums of Iowa and blend your voices true
Sing praises to our Alma Mater as good Hawkeyes do
We'll keep within our hearts a fire to magnify her fame
Bring credit to these noble halls where glory and honor reign
The day is near when comrades here will bid farewell and part
But each Hawkeye carries on, thy spirit in his heart
Oh, Iowa, Iowa, we drink a toast to you.
We pledge our everlasting love 
to dear old Iowa U.
Alma Mater Iowa.........
(by memory - compliments of the U of I Marching Band.  We used to have to sing this song while standing in the tunnel before every game entrance.  Very good memories...)

No comments: