Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Can Daddy come my Mother's Day party?

Last night while Tyler was in the bathtub, he actually asked me this question...

"Mom, when we have the Mother's Day party at Daycare on Thursday, can Daddy come?"

Seriously, can Daddy come to the Mother's Day party, instead of me!!! I wasn't quite mortified, but I did realize that Tyler's obsession with his father is much more than I had thought!

If I am alone with the kids, Tyler is fine. He's my "best bud" (as he says it) and we have a great time. When Kyle is around, forget it!

All day Sunday he didn't let his dad out of his eyesight! If Kyle so much as went to the bathroom, Tyler was there, with a worried look on his face asking, "Where did my dad go?". I think I heard that question 100 times, at least!

He spent the day helping Kyle landscape outside, and I'm mad at myself that I didn't take a picture! About halfway through the afternoon, Kyle took his shirt off since it was nice outside. Tyler immediately proceeded to take his shirt off too. Kyle had on Nike gym shorts, and Tyler had on Nike gym shorts. Kyle wore his old Nike shoes to do yard work, and Tyler wore his old Nike shoes too.

When Tyler walks out in the living room in the morning, the first question is "Where is my dad?". When I pick him up from Daycare, the first question is "Where is my dad?". Get the point?

I call him Mini-Me now. Although sometimes it hurts my feelings (like when he told me he would rather not go to the store with me, but I should still pick up his favorite gum for him!), I guess it could be worse. He could dislike both of us!

No comments: