Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Awwww.... shit

I have the best sister in the world that bought our kids a DVD Player for the car for Christmas. It is awesome. Worth every penny, plus millions more. I wonder how on earth families survived without these.

One of the kids' favorite movies to watch in the car is The Goonies. I remember going to see The Goonies when I was like, 12, so it's a pretty harmless movie. Very cute, but also, bordering on PG-13.

There is a part in the movie where one of the characters says, "Aw, shit!". Very typical for a movie, no biggie, but Tyler quickly picked up on this cuss word.

"Aw, shit. Aw, shit" he will say over and over, to try to get an reaction out of me. I know this is a stage he's going through, and ignore it.

The other night, we were driving home, and watching turned on the movie again.

As soon as the kids say the opening credits for the movie, I hear an "Aw, shit!", from the backseat of the car. This time from Connor.

Nice.

Now I have a 2 year old that can discriminate the cuss words in a movie, and will repeat them over and over and over.

I can't wait to see what else Tyler can teach him over the next 20 years or so.....

1 comment:

loren said...

Hahahaha! At least you can say they learned it from a movie. My kids used to say "Oh shit" after hearing me drop something and cussing.

Thankfully my kids have learned to NOT repeat that stuff, or I'd be in trouble! Hmmm... maybe I should work on that, LOL.