Saturday, June 27, 2009

Oh look, a chicken!!!

Ever seen that t-shirt that is making fun of people with ADD/ADHD where it says something like, "They tell me I have ADD, but they just don't underst.... HEY, look a Chicken!"

That was us tonight.

Tyler is on a total candy kick. He asks for candy about every 45 seconds. And every 45 seconds I tell him "no". We give in to candy sometimes, but definitely not every time he asks, or else he would be diabetic tomorrow.

We were sitting outside tonight just enjoying the beautiful evening. It was getting pretty dark outside, and Tyler decided he wanted to go on a bike ride. He put on his helmet and everything, which is odd, because he NEVER wears a bike helmet. Since it was getting dark, and okay, we were happy just sitting on the deck and PROMISED him we would take him on a ride in the morning, we politely told Tyler we weren't going on a bike ride.

Introduce dancing tantrum here.

I call them dancing tantrums because his whole body is limp, but he is still upright, and he is jogging in place with his arms flapping at his sides sobbing, "but I wanna go on a bike ride, I wanna go on a bike ride, I wanna go on a bike ride..."

Poor kid, I felt sorry for him but it was a) way past his bedtime b) getting dark and c) we were feeling kind of lazy after a very long day of playing in the pool.

As he was having this tantrum, I almost couldn't believe my ears..."I wanna go on a bike ride, I wanna go on a bike ride, I wanna.... HEY LOOK, Lightening Bugs!!!" and then he was good as gold.

I'm really trying not to already label Tyler as ADD or ADHD, and doing my best to control it with a diet (with some cheating), but that demonstration tonight was just priceless.

Poor kid. He's following in his father's footsteps!

No comments: