Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Our new love

Kyle and I bought our first boat from my dad.  I happened to be talking to my dad the weekend before about wanting a boat, and told him to tell us when he was interested in selling his.  He told me that he had actually talked to my mom about asking us if we were interested.  It was just as if the time was perfect!

We didn't waste any time getting on the water.  My parents said I have always been a water lover, and years ago my mom said I would be a boat owner someday.  Little did she know then.....

It was so beautiful outside.  I took pictures of everything to just soak in the moment and the beauty of just being outside on the water.

Tyler is our fish.  Ironically, he has been called Fish since he was 2 days old.  (Story:  Kyle was outside doing yard work, and our neighbor, Vicki drove by with her then 7 year old, Chase.  Vicki saw that Tyler had been born and asked Kyle how big he was.  Kyle replied "7 pounds 2 ounces, 21 inches".  Vicki said she drove off to the store, and about a block later, Chase turned to her and asked "Did Kyle catch a fish?".  Since then, the nickname "Fish" was born!)

We found a beautiful cove we call "family cove".  It's a LOT quieter than Party Cove, if you're not looking for loud music, and possibly people taking their clothes off.  (I wish I was kidding.  Saturday at Party Cove can be interesting...).  So, we found a much quieter place to hang out where the kids can swim easier.  The families that go there have kids, just want to relax, and have a good time. 

I would say we were having a pretty good time in this picture.  We have had a few beverages, and been just relaxing in the sun.  Our favorite place to be.

I just love the water.  I love being on it, in it, near it, and just enjoying the beauty of it.  It's so relaxing, and so many times I just find myself smiling.  This is something as a family that we do, that brings us all smiles. 

What really hit me though, was a comment that someone made that I work with.  In an instant message at work he said, "Have a great time picking up your boat tomorrow.  You don't even know yet how many memories you will be creating for your kids!". 

I'm sure he didn't even understand the impact of that statement at the time.  I thought about it and thought about it.  Some of the best memories I have of a child are boating with my parents and relatives, either on a local lake, or at our yearly vacation at Lake of the Ozarks.  Either way, I now have the opportunity to create those same memories for my kids.  And that really makes me smile.

No comments: