Saturday, August 21, 2010

Symbolism



I took this picture on Tyler's first day of school.  After I took it, I just started at it, and started thinking back to school myself.

I remember learning so much about symbolism in art and music.  What is happening, and what could be happening?  What could the artist be saying, and what is the artist trying to convey?

Although this wasn't Tyler's bus (since he's in the before and after school program, he takes the bus from daycare still), but I still loved how this turned out.  I love how the older high school girl is standing there, patiently waiting for the doors to open, and how Tyler is positioned pretty far back, yet not as far back as Connor.

I'll let you put the rest of the stories together, but I liked it a lot.  The first day of school went off without a hitch.  When I talked to Tyler that night, he told me about how he a hamburger for lunch and EVEN got KETCHUP TOO!

Well, Tyler, if those are your expectations of kindergarten so far, and they've been exceeded, then I think this year is going to be incredible!

No comments: