Saturday, August 28, 2010

The Simple Life

Tonight it is a simple night at our house.  Finally...  We have had weekends of friends and boating and work and school and parties and stuff, so it is nice to finally just, relax.  Yeah, all of those things are fun, but I really, REALLY, just enjoy a night at home watching movies.  Even if the movies are Starsky & Hutch followed by Step Brothers.  I love this.

Connor crashed over an hour ago.  He didn't get a nap today, and for his poor, tired, 3-year-old body, that is just too much.  He needs to nap to stay healthy, to grow and to be happy.  He was anything but happy tonight, but we finally calmed him down with a bath and daddy's lap.  He was out within minutes.

Tyler is laying next to me on the couch, and although I know he doesn't realize it, his foot is touching mine, and I love it, too  He's all cuddled up in a blanket, and every once in a while he snuggles in a little bit more to the blanket he is in, and his foot always comes back to mine.  I adore this.  

I snuck on the computer to read some blogs tonight, and of course had to check out my favorite of all, Enjoying the Small Things.  She is the most inspiring, joyful, happy person I have ever met through a blog before - EVER.  Just reading her posts make me happy and more appreciative of life.  She doesn't complain, doesn't whine, but captures the joy in just the everyday things.  Maybe like we all should.  Today on her blog I found the quote below, and could not pass it up.  It's so true.  This quote made me think about why we are here, what we are doing and what it all means.  Although deep, it's so fitting.  It always makes me think.

What are you here for?

"Strange is our situation here upon earth. Each of us comes for a short visit, not knowing why, yet sometimes seeming to a divine purpose. From the standpoint of daily life, however, there is one thing we do know: That we are here for the sake of others...for the countless unknown souls with whose fate we are connected by a bond of sympathy. Many times a day, I realize how much my outer and inner life is built upon the labors of people, both living and dead, and how earnestly I must exert myself in order to give in return as much as I have received.” Albert Einstein

1 comment:

Peggy said...

Isn't she amazing? I am in awe of her.

How is Tyler liking school? Brogan starts first grade on Tuesday. Eeeek!