Friday, September 5, 2008

I give up, maybe...

I took this week off of work for a bit of a sanity break, and to get some stuff done around the house. I visited the dentist, went to my parents for the day (WITHOUT kids! YAY!), and am having new tires put on my SUV today. How Exciting!!!

On the top of my "to do" list for this week was "clean the house". By clean, I mean, organize. We have been living on the edge of insanity for the last couple of months. Seriously, I could not tolerate the mess at times, and am glad this summer was a nice one so we could get outside for at least a few hours and escape the aftermath of the tornado, which was the inside of my house.

I've made some good progress, but after the kids left for daycare today, I just wanted to scream. It was almost like everything was undone. Clothes everywhere (Tyler changes his clothes at least 3 times in the morning now!), dirty diapers on the floor, folded clothes in a basket in the middle of the living room, dirty dishes in the sink, wet towels on the floor, and unmade beds. AAAHHHHHH!

I often ask myself what is "normal". Maybe I compare myself to other people sometimes that don't have Tazmanian Devils for children, and can keep the floor without crap all over it for more than 5 minutes. Maybe it's just normal for most people to live in this whirlwind of mess, but I know this. I'm 2 minutes from grabbing a huge garbage bag and just filling it with all the random crap that is just sitting around!

And if last night is a preview to what this winter holds for us - God help us all! It was too cold and wet to play outside, so we stayed in. I should've taken a picture. Holy crap!

Maybe I will get used to the clutter that comes with having 3 boys and myself crammed in this ranch house - without a basement. At least with a basement, I could not have to LOOK at the stuff all day long!

Well, winter, here we come. I have a feeling, we're going to spending a LOT of time at the play area at the mall - instead of in our living room!!!

No comments: