Thursday, October 23, 2008

Our Trip to the Pumpkin Patch

I took the morning off of work so I could go to the Pumpkin Patch with Tyler's daycare today. I needed some decompression time, and I had not yet been on a field trip with the daycare in our 4 years that we'd been there.

When I arrived, I learned that Taylor would be riding in my car with me and Tyler. Taylor is the cutest girl you've ever seen, and was a PERFECT child the whole time!

Just after buckling in the car, Tyler told me "Taylor is my girlfriend". How cute - I thought. Going to the Pumpkin Patch with his almost 4 year old girlfriend...



Here are the clouds we saw on our way to the Pumpkin Patch. Did I mention it was about 40 degrees today???


By the time we arrived at the Patch, it was a near downpour. We couldn't even get out of our car it was raining so hard. Try explaning to a 4 year old that you're at the pumpkin patch, but you can't get out of the car. I had to manufacture a story about what happens when you try to pick up a pumpkin when its wet and slippery. They ended up loading a wagon full of pumpkins into one of the vans so the kids could at least bring home a pumpkin. Here is a view of the pumpkin patch from my car window where we parked...



So, we turned around and went home. In the pouring rain. We got back to daycare and they decided since the kids couldn't visit the pumpkin patch, that they could watch a movie. The kids were thrilled!

No comments: