Saturday, October 11, 2008

Why I love sappy movies sometimes...

A quote from the end of Hope Floats:

"My dad says childhood is the happiest time of my life, buuutttt.. I think he's wrong. I think my mom's right, she says 'childhood is what you spend the rest of your life trying to overcome'. That's what momma used to say. She said 'beginnings are scary, endings are usually sad, but it's the middle that counts the most'. You need to remember that when you find yourself at the beginning, just give hope a chance to float up. And it will too."

I love that quote. How true it is.... We have to remember every day that we're in the middle of this beautiful thing called life.

(You have to get 3/4 through this clip to get through the quote, but it's worth it - this part of the movie makes me gets a tear in my eye everytime.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks I needed that...Sometimes we do forget that were at either the beginning or in the middle, but there's always hope..
Your blogs keep me floating.