Sunday, December 14, 2008

Holy Mother of Tae Bo

Since the kids have been born, I haven't had any sort of serious work out regimen. Before I was pregnant with Tyler, I was in the best shape of my life. I lifted weights two times a week, and could run 5+ miles with no problem at all. After I became pregnant - running turned into walking, and then into sitting as I got hugely pregnant.

When Tyler was about one, I started running again. I would just put him in a little push-car toy we have, and push him in the car while I jogged behind it. Yes - it looked ridiculous, but I got a workout which was desperately needed. That worked until the weather got colder, and then I was pregnant again.

Since then, its been totally hit and miss. I tried going to a "Curves" type gym, but that just wasn't for me. In order to get motivated to workout, I need some high impact stuff. I could leave that gym without even sweating. I got bored of it quickly.

I decided I should start working out again, and since I don't like to be gone from the house for 12 hours a day, I decided it should be something I could to at home. Treadmill....too dangerous if Connor is up. I could see him trying to climb on that as I was running and possible lose a finger, or me hopping off of it ever 2 minutes to do something.

Last week Connor found my Tae Bo CD that I had bought years ago. Back in about 1998 I was an avid Tae Bo exerciser, and LOVED it! The BEST workout I'd ever had. I had wanted to start again, but couldn't find the CD. Connor found it which means that was either bad luck (I HAD to start working out again!), or good luck, because I desperately need it!

We (me and the boys) did Tae Bo this morning in the living room. Well, me, the boys, and Billy Blanks. I stopped after 25 minutes because I'm pretty sure I won't be able to life my arms tomorrow! Holy Mother of Tae Bo, I'm sore already!

So, see ya later gut! I'm tired of you sticking out further than my tiny chest. And see you later gooey thighs - you're not going to be around much longer! The old "healthy" Jenny is going to back - and soon!!!

No comments: