Thursday, December 18, 2008

I love you to the moon and back

Last week, Tyler, Connor and I were driving to daycare. Just as we pulled out of the drive, I looked up in the sky at the most beautifully huge moon I had seen in a long time. (Apparently, the last time it was this big was 1993).

"Wow, Tyler, LOOK at that MOON!", I said.

He replied, "Holy Cow, that is the biggest moon I've ever seen in my WHOLE life!"

"Yep," I said. "It's absolutely beautiful!"

Tyler paused for a minute, and then said the most amazing thing I think I've ever heard him say...

"Mommy, we need to buy that moon."

"Why?", I asked.

"Because, it's so beautiful, I think we just need to touch it. If we buy it, we can hold it in our hands. And it's really really nice to hold beautiful things in our hands."

Tears instantly sprung to my eyes. I spent the rest of the trip to daycare trying to choke back the tears that kept welling up.

It's amazing how fast they grow up. How many things you take for granted, and then how they can surprise you instantly with something so heartfelt that it makes you want to melt.

And this is my little boy.

1 comment:

K'man said...

Wow! Such sensitivity from your little boy.
I simply must believe he gets it from his father.