Saturday, July 11, 2009

I think I need another shower...

Today we had our "vacation" as Tyler refers to it. He has been asking for weeks when we were going to go on "vacation", since his friends in daycare are doing that. I didn't want to tell the poor kid that "WE" weren't going on vacation this summer because Mommy and Daddy are taking a cruise in December. (Muahahahahah!) So, today... going to Adventureland was our vacation.


The kids had an AWESOME time. As you can see from the picture above, Connor even was getting into the rides and quickly learned how to put his hands in the air!
.
Tyler was the most wonderful child. He went on almost every ride that Kyle went on, including the log ride, roller coasters, ferris wheels, and all the kids toys that he could. The only rides he didn't go on were the ones that had height limitations, or he would've been on those as well.
.
I'll be honest though. Although a good time was had by all, I was starting to get pretty cranky as the day went on, and I'm sure it showed. One thing strange about me, is that I don't like to be dirty. It drives me NUTS! I also don't like my kids dirty. I will let them GET dirty, but cannot let them stay that way for too long.
.
I wore white shorts today, that were pretty much gray by the end of the day. I changed my shirt once because the one had on got so yucky from sweating, that I couldn't stand myself. Connor and Tyler both had a clothes change too.
.
So - I'm dirty, I'm hot, and I've spent most of my day chasing around a two year old that has the energy of the Engergizer Bunny. Seriously, this kid did NOT STOP. The only time I sat down was when he finally fell asleep for about an hour in the stroller.
.
Kyle LOVES that stuff. Rides, roller coasters, thrill stuff - and when it comes to that, I'm a little bit more of a "I'll keep my feet on the ground" type of person. Kyle was getting frustrated with me, because every time he wanted to go on a ride with Tyler, that meant that I was watching Connor for that time - and at times, those lines can be pretty long. Kyle - having fun. Me - cranky.
.
By the end of the day, we'd had a great time, but also were fried. Tired, dirty, hungry, worn out and every nerve was on its last leg.
.
Talking about it tonight, Tyler said he had an awesome day today. His vacation was a success. I'm worried though that I might have to take him to therapy for the rest of his life after his experience on The Outlaw roller coaster. Kyle said, for whatever reason, he thought he had to keep his hands in the air the whole time, but was terrified. When the ride was over, Kyle said he looked him and at him and Ty said, "Daddy, that scared me a wot".
.
You know what scared me? Some of the outfits that people actually wore walking though the park. Seriously. "Dress code" does not come into play for some of those people. Yikes.

No comments: