Monday, July 27, 2009

I'm officially getting old...

All weekend long, my 4 year old, Tyler, walked around singing the chorus of a song. He couldn't get it out of his head, and neither could I after about the 100th time I heard it...

"dum dum de da dum dum de dum dum...." over and over he would sing.

I kept asking where he heard the song, and he didn't remember. It about drove me crazy, because I knew I had heard the song before too, but couldn't quite place it. I was going nuts!!!

Tonight I went through Billboard's Top 100 song looking for something that looked familiar, and couldn't find it. I finally went to YouTube and typed in the name of the song that I thought it was. No go. Two "also suggested" clicks later, I found it.

Disturbia - by Rihanna.

Seriously. They are playing this song in the clubs now. I'm pretty sure Tyler hasn't visited any of the bars downtown lately, and around our house, mostly what he hears is my sorry 80s music.

For whatever reason, he heard this song and it stuck with him. All I can say is, Thank God for the internet. Tyler - the internet is going to be what helps me keep up with you for the rest of your life!!!


No comments: