Sunday, January 24, 2010

One weekend, one two year old, seven baths

Just when I think this kid couldn't poop anymore, he does.

This all started early Friday morning. Connor opened his door at about 3:30 and started crying, really loud. That is very unlike him, so I ran to grab him, and as I picked him up, he puked all over me. I thought maybe it was a combination of all the food he had to eat that night, so I cleaned him up, changed him, and put him back to sleep. He seemed great all day Friday.

During the middle of the night Friday, I checked on Connor. It stunk horrible in his room, but that didn't surprise me too much. That kid can pass gas with the best of them. Saturday morning at 5:50am, he opened his bedroom door. I tapped Kyle (which is secret code for "Your Turn!!!"), so Kyle went to try to possibly get him back to sleep, or head out to the living room with him.

Before long, I hear the water running in the bathroom. I got out of bed to see what was going on.

Connor had completely filled his Pull-Up, and then tried to remove it himself in his bedroom before he opened the door. Then I looked at his bed, which he had apparently puked in hours ago (thus the smell). It stunk so bad in his room, it was horrible.

Kyle bathed Connor and tried to scrub the smell out of him. I stripped his bed, and picked up all the poop I could. Then Kyle got the carpet shampooer. By this time, the whole house was awake, and it wasn't even 6am yet.

We got the carpets shampooed, twice. We then turned on the ceiling fan, and I even lit a candle to try to get rid of the smell. As he went through the day, he seemed okay, then took a nap - and repeat the process above, again. Poop in bed, soak through everything, bath again, more laundry. I've done so much laundry this weekend, but all of our clothes aren't even clean yet, because I keep washing sheets and blankets and pajamas and towels, etc.

This morning, same thing. 6am, poop all over bed, bath. This is getting exhausting.

I just left a Pull-Up on him today, much to his disliking. He keeps begging for "undaware", but we tried that, twice this morning. And all that generated was more laundry.

He's taking a nap again. Yesterday was a 4 hour nap, and just started hour 2 today. Hopefully he can kick this flu bug. I'm not sure our washing machine can keep up!!

No comments: