Sunday, January 31, 2010

Strange Saturday Morning

It was such a strange Saturday morning yesterday. Not really a whole lot normal about it.

  1. My alarm went off at 5am. I still had homework to finish before class started at 8:30.
  2. Just after I got out of the shower, Tyler walked in. It was 5:45.
  3. Once in the living room, he didn't want to watch cartoons. He wanted to watch retro episodes of The Incredible Hulk. Yes - the 1980s versions. ("Don't make me angry... You wouldn't like it when I'm angry.")
  4. Connor was up at 6:15, and was NOT in a good mood.
  5. I made Tyler his peanut butter & jelly sandwich (usual breakfast), in between doing laundry.
  6. I emptied the dishwasher, homework has still not been started.
  7. Connor wants to wear his Spiderman outfit, and while wearing it, golfs in the living room.
  8. Tyler puts on all of his camo, and wants to go outside. It's 7:15am, and 8 degrees outside.
  9. I have 2 loads of laundry done by 7am, we've watched the Incredible Hulk, and how the boys want to watch the movie "I am Legend" with Will Smith. Seriously?
  10. I finally head out to class at about 7:50. Homework never was finished. I watched almost a whole movie, finished laundry, and emptied the dishwasher.

I texted Kyle once I got to class: "FYI, Connor isn't wearing underwear, and please give Tyler a nap today - I don't care if you have to hog tie him!"

Hope no one is monitoring my texts... that one might come off a bit strange, but certainly fits with the morning!

By the time 9pm came around last night, it felt like I had 2 days in one!!!

No comments: