Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Lessons learned from this past weekend

After some reflection of past weekend, I have some very valuable lessons learned:

  • When taking a picture of girls, especially when they are wearing skirts, make their they are sitting like ladies. (See Carley in picture below)
  • Tyler has enormously large feet.
  • Getting kids all look at the camera and smile is easy, when you have your sister dancing like a drunk ballerina, behind you.
  • Having my kids take a one hour nap (on the way home in the car) is worse than taking no nap at all. I think they both had about a half hour meltdown after we got home, because the woke up so tired.
  • Beer is very good when it is 100 degrees outside.
  • I can take both boys to the grocery store by myself, but it will cost me on tractor, a barn for that tractor and two packs of gum. (That was two stores, and I got almost everything I needed.)
  • You cannot keep a 1 year old up in hope that he sleeps in. All you will get is a crabby one year old in the morning, that needs a nap at 9am.

More very valuable lessons learned to come!

1 comment:

loren said...

I found that making it through the store without buying toys can be easy if you give them a few minutes to play with them and get thoroughly bored of them BEFORE paying and taking it home! That way you can put it back on the shelf and say "Say bye-bye tractor. See you later!"

Beer is good... very, very good. Unless you're my husband.