Sunday, August 10, 2008

Mommy, play with me

Tyler, Connor and I went to the store together today, and Tyler was such a great kid! Seriously, he listened, didn't run off once, and was great company. He spotted a semi truck that he just HAD to have, and since I was feeling weak over his acts of obedience, I caved.

He was playing with it on the living room floor tonight. Kyle was sitting on the couch reading a magazine, and I was catching up on reading some blogs (I have only been on the computer at home ONCE in the last week!). Tyler looked up at us and asked, "Mommy, will you play with me?"

Okay, how can you say no to that?

I get down on the floor, and so does Kyle. Tyler hands me one of the cars that came with his semi, and hands Kyle the other one. "Mommy, you play with the green one, Daddy gets the red one."

We proceed to push the cars on the floor, to which is quickly interrupted with a "No, no, no, no, no, not like that, like THIS!", Tyler announces, then demonstrates how to correctly play with a car.

We play along, and push them around in circles. "No, no, no, no, NO!", he says again, "you push them back and forth!".

We again, entertain him and push the cars back and forth. "Now SWITCH!", he tells us, demanding that Kyle and I switch cars.

This continued for a while, and we played along, just because it was fun to listen to him.

"He's about as bossy as both of us.", I laugh and tell Kyle.

"Correction,", Kyle says, "he's as bossy as YOU!"

Scary part is, he's right!

1 comment:

loren said...

It IS hard to turn down a request like that! That's really cute... I only wish my girls wanted to play with me. They usually want to grab a highly coveted toy and hide.