Sunday, August 24, 2008

The time of my life!


The sweet video of the White Sox Opener. It's an almost 5 minute video in all, but I taped the best part...a little bit of their history, then their road to being World Series Champions!

Saturday, I drove to the Quad Cities, picked up my dad, and we drove on to Chicago to meet my sister and go to a White Sox game. I think that day was one of the most fun days I've had in a LONG time! We ate, and drank, and laughed, and joked around, and were absolutely crazy. I won't say what we did in order to get 3 free t-shirt, 2 free blankets, and 2 free duffel bags, but it has something to do with MasterCard and a stand in the ball park. Enough said - and we're probably going to jail...


BUT, we had a blast! I was thinking to Saturday and what I ate that day - and it was:

  1. McDonalds Breakfast: Egg & Cheese Sandwich, Hash Brown, Large Coffee
  2. A large Casey's coffee for the way to Chicago
  3. Dunkin Donuts Jelly Filled donut
  4. A Kosher Hot Dog with onions at the ball park
  5. A large piece of Connie's Cheese Pizza (shared with my sister)
  6. A chocolate churro
  7. Edy's dibs (shared by all)
  8. Cotton candy (shared with my sister)
  9. 1 $5 bottle of water (seriouly, it was $5 at the ballpark)
  10. 5 beers (I think - I lost count)
Then my dad and I stopped on the way home and I got a Whopper Jr., fries and iced team. Then I got a Skor Bar when we stopped for gas.
Seriously, I'm about sick today, and put my body through "junk food detox" today, but we had so much fun. We decided that had to be an annual event. I swear my sister, dad and I were all made from the same mold - and we have such a blast when we're together!

My sister (my best friend), and I at the stadium

Dad, where are your eyes?

It rained in the 7th inning, but we still had fun!

Dad reading the paper in the backseat, as my sister drove his new Lincoln downtown! (She's a great driver, but fast - so he tried to distract himself with the news!)

1 comment:

loren said...

Oy... that would make me sick to read in the car if I'm nervous about the driving!

You just made me wonder why we've never taken my dad anywhere by himself. Then again, my sis and dad have always had a really touchy relationship, so maybe that's why!!! Anyway, looked like FUN!