Sunday, February 22, 2009

We drove each other crazy this weekend

It was one of those weekends. One where you look back and try to find things to smile about, and it's actually a little difficult. It's not like we didn't do anything fun this weekend - because we did, but it just seems that there were so many annoying things that happened, that it drove me crazy. Actually, it drove me crazy, and Kyle crazy, and the kids - they were just crazy.

First off, those of you that have kids that sleep past 7am, ever - you suck. We even kept Connor up till 9pm last night (2 hours past his bedtime!) in hopes that he would sleep in, at least a little. 6:15 was all we got - which was pure joy after getting up at 5am yesterday. Tyler was even up before 6am yesterday. That's insane.

And Kyle, who from hereon out will be referred to as "Captain Crankypants" about drove me over the edge. I'm going to start crushing up Midol to put in his food if his mood doesn't improve. He has the "I'm so fricking sick of being cooped up in this house I'm going to take it out on everyone" syndrome. It happens every year. Hunting is done, and golf has yet to start. It's like Purgatory for Kyle. He's so desperate for golf to start, that I think he's at his warehouse at work right now with Tyler and Mike, with a new golf net that they bought yesterday. Whatever - just get out of the house!

If it could get better, Kyle found a website that is like Facebook for golfers. He is addicted. I have no idea what they do on that site, just golfers talking to each other and maybe telling awesome golf stories or something, but that's driving ME crazy.

We attempted to do a "family" thing, by going bowling on Saturday, with the boys. That was actually cute, because Connor even had on bowling shoes. I didn't know they made bowling shoes that small! I think Connor bowled one frame, and Tyler three - and they were done. Luckily the bowling alley had a game area with tons of arcade games - in which the boys were introduced to Ski-Ball. Try explaining that to a 4 and 1 year old. I spent more time chasing balls around the floor than actually trying to roll them up the lane. They threw them up in the air, overhand towards the screen, and all over the floor.

By the time we left the bowling alley, I was sweating, and Kyle's mood had not improved. We ended up having a very colorful conversation in the car, which resulted in Kyle yelling "What do you want me to do?", and me yelling back at him, "Why don't you keep yelling at everyone, because apparently that's working!"

We just need out. Out of this house. We need to play outside, and run in the sun, and ride bikes, and go for walks. I'm afraid if the weather continues like this for any longer, someone will officially go insane, and that someone will probably be me!

2 comments:

K'man said...

HE isn't Capt. Crankypants! I AM CAPT. CRANKYPANTS! Just ask Jill. Well, Honey, QUIT BRINGING ME DRAWINGS OF HOW WE CAN BUILD AN EXTENSION ON TO THE HOUSE!!!!! GAH!
I am going out.

K'man said...

And YES! I will take off Monday afternoon to watch Kat so you can go to your damned math class that you have a test in on Friday.
LOOK! YOU chose to take this class. Don't you dare inconvenience me for the sake of you schooling. Yeah, I know I got my MBA while you had Kat, but that is different!