Wednesday, February 18, 2009

What do you mean you can't find your popsicle?

One of my favorite times of my day is my drive home from work. The work day (at work) is done, and I have about a half hour before I have to do anything. Usually, I use this time to call people and catch up - usually my parents or my sister. (These calls are fondly referred to as "commute calls" by my parents.)

Tonight I called my sister and she surprisingly answered. Her schedule is crazier than mine, and getting her to answer the phone is like not having to wait in line at the DMV. It usually doesn't happen... Tonight - I was surprised!

We chatted for a while, and somewhere during our conversation I heard her gasp and say to her oldest girl, "What do you mean you can't find your popsicle?!?!" Terror in her voice as Carley stood there with an empty popsicle wrapper, and a blue popsicle nowhere in sight. They ended up finding it - but I was laughing so hard at that point, I was useless. I can totally imagine how ridiculous some of my conversations sound from home too. Thanks Beth! I just found this hilarious, and desperately needed that laugh in my day.

Continuing on with the drive....

After I picked up the boys from daycare, I decided that it would be a McDonald's night. Kyle was going to watch the game with Mike - so it was just me and the boys. Since I never, never cook unless threatened with my life, I decided the drive though sounded like a good idea.

We headed out of daycare, the boys were thrilled with the idea of McDonald's, and then my phone rings. The caller ID says Kevin, which is my bosses boss. "Great," I think to myself..."Whenever he calls at 5:30, it can't possibly be good..."

We ended up having a good conversation and he was in a very good mood. We hung up just as I was pulling into the McDonald's parking lot. As I was setting my phone down, Tyler asked me, "Mommy, who was that?"

"That was Kevin.", I replied.

"Is Kevin a boy?", Tyler asked again.

"Yep, Kevin is a boy." I said.

"Is Kevin the Pizza Guy?", Tyler asked.

I am laughing out loud right now thinking about that question. Kevin is actually a Senior Director that reports to a Vice President in our multi-billion dollar corporation, although to Tyler, he's just the Pizza Guy.

Sorry Kevin, I think you just got a demotion!

No comments: