Thursday, February 26, 2009

Does it get any better than this?

I'm about ready to give up on this week. It's not even Friday, and I'm full. I'm done. I've had enough - up to HERE! (insert picture of me holding my hand one foot above my head).

It's just been tiring. It's been the type of week at work where I have to strategically pee. Pee when I don't have to - because I know I won't be able to the next 2 hours. I've had to willingly and unwillingly perform the least favorite part of my job because our HR department keeps changing the rules - so this means I have spent more time with our HR rep this week, than with my husband. Good times.

I think I've seen Connor about 2 hours total (in the evening) since Sunday, and that doesn't rest well with me. He grounds me, and relaxes me. Just sitting with him on my lap for 10 minutes with worth 2 hours of therapy - I swear! I did get to spend some time with Tyler, but he's just not that into me anymore. Yea, I'm mom, but his John Deere truck is much cooler than telling me about his day. He'd rather color with a Sharpie than answer a question like "What did you have for lunch?". For what it's worth, he's going to turn into a perfect man, because he answers most questions with "I don't know" or "nothing".

And my cute Sir Connor has been waking up between 4:45 and 5am this week - which makes it nearly impossible to get ready in the morning. Although I love spending time with him in the morning, it's difficult to do when I'm trying to put on mascara and he's turning the bathroom light on and off.

To top it off, I got a freaking speeding ticket tonight. And what makes it better is that I could SEE the GARAGE DOOR to my HOUSE while sitting in the street as he gave me a ticket. 36 in a 25. Additionally, it's a 25 that was a 35 just one block earlier. Just to be nice (ha ha), he cut that back to a 30 in a 25 - which is a $63 ticket. (I've deleted two sentences here which contained words that aren't very nice about the Sheriff that pulled me over. I'll get over it - I know it's my fault, but that is the least thing I needed right now.)

Kyle was NOT happy when I brought that home, which escalated into us fighting out everything from money to me leaving my purse on the counter. Seriously? Do we have to fight about my purse? Apparently so.

I think I just need a hug. Really bad.

Is this over yet?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hug!! Have several in fact. Sorry about your craptastic week/day.

K'man said...

FWIW, I wanted to tell you that I really liked your outfit today and I thought you looked really very pretty.
Just so this isn't too awkward, I will qualify it by saying you looked very pretty for a middle aged mother of two.
And I know, you are going to tell me "FU,UFF"
seriously, it doesnt' matter what your week or day is like, you ALWAYS look like you have it together. I wonder how you do it.