Thursday, November 13, 2008

Christmas

I LOVE Christmas! Every year, at about this time, I start getting excited. I love the decorations, the shopping, the atmosphere, and most of all - the music.

On my way home tonight (on my AWESOME XM radio!), I fould their "Holly" channel - which is all Christmas music, until the day after Christmas!

I have only fond memories of Christmas, growing up. I remember the anticipation, then going to church on Christmas Eve when Santa magically came (while we were at church) because he knew we had to go out of town the next day. I remember how my mom usual "forgot" something in the house and had to go back in while my dad, sister and I sat in the car wondering "what on earth did she forget?". And then the TOTAL surprise when we would come home. I remember sitting through those church services. It was like putting a t-bone in front of a dog and telling him "you can't eat this - just yet...".

I loved the presents, the happiness, spending time with our family, going to Grandma and Grandpa's house, and the general sense of security, I guess, that Christmas brought.

Tonight was my first real taste of Christmas. Finding the "Holly" channel, then finding my favorite Christmas song... "Sleighride" by Johnny Mathis. I will sing that song at the top of my lungs, which is what I did tonight, which was much needed after an absolutely, totally insanely, stressful day.

I saved the song as one of my favorites, so hopefully every day between now and Christmas, I can hear the song and sing in my loudest, beautiful singing voice (insert sarcastic cough here)...

"Our cheeks are nice and rosey and comfy and cozy are we.... we're snuggled close together like two birds of a feather would be....."

I love Christmas!

No comments: