Saturday, November 8, 2008

My Perfect Afternoon

It's so cold outside.

We didn't even play outside today, but everyone was okay with that.

The boys and I went to the Hardware Store to buy fire starter logs, and then I lit a fire at about 2pm. The living room feels awesome.

Connor and I sat by the fire and watched the Hawkeyes win against Penn State while Tyler took a 3 hour (much needed) nap.

I'm drinking a Fosters, next to the fire, with my 18 month old in my lap reading a book, now listening to 80s music from the satellite tv.

This is awesome.

2 comments:

loren said...

rammuThat sounds like a great night!

I'm not an Iowa or college football fan (blasphemy, I know!) but that was an amazing end to the game.

loren said...

Oops, my word verification showed up in the beginning of my first comment!