Monday, November 3, 2008

Damn the time change...and other ramblings...

4:35 this morning. Connor woke up, although I was already awake since my body was telling me I head overslept. "Holy. Crap. We have a LONG way to go before anyone leaves this house." I thought.

I went and got Connor and sat int he rocking chair in his room, with hopes that he might fall back asleep. No go. Actually - while we were rocking, Tyler woke up at about 5am. Wonderful. Both kids are up, and I haven't even peed yet. This should be fun.

I took them to the living room and found the most entertaining show I could find at 5am, which turned out to be Blue's Clues, I believe. Tyler will actually watch that - and Connor will watch whatever Tyler is watching. Then I hopped in the shower.

No more than 2 minutes later, Connor was pounding on the door and crying. Something that is on my list of "Top 10 Pet Peeves...number 7, having a crying child pounding on the bathroom door while you're trying to shower."

Soon the crying stopped, and I was actually worried. What happened? Why was there quiet? You know - the "this is too good to be true" quiet?

I walked into the living room, and found this....


Kyle had got up, and put them both in the chair in the living room, where they must've sat for at least 15 minutes. Enough for me to finish showering, dry off, put on clothes, etc. Although Tyler doesn't look thrilled in the picture, don't let him fool you. If you didn't like it, he would throw a total fit and toss Connor on to the ground like a sack of potatoes.

Thanks boys.

Oh - and today is our anniversary. Or as Kyle refers to it..."8 years of wedded bliss". Yeah. My thoughts exactly.

Happy Anniversary Honey! I wouldn't call it bliss - but I wouldn't trade it for the world!

No comments: