Monday, November 10, 2008

The Sleep Nazi - Part 2

I posted months ago about how I refer to myself as the "sleep nazi". Well, this weekend I was reminded that my "nazi-ness" has not yet subsided.

Some things I have learned having two kids:
  1. If one goes to bed at 7pm, the other will want to stay up until 10pm.
  2. Regardless, someone is always up before 6am - weekends included.
  3. If/when they nap, it will never, EVER, be at the same time.
That was our weekend. Connor was desperate to go to bed Friday night at about 7pm, then was up at 5:30am. Tyler stayed up until after 9pm, then slept until 7:30am. Both Saturday and Sunday, Connor took a nap that started at about 10:45, and lasted 2.5 (precious) hours. Both days, Tyler took a nap that started at about 2pm, and lasted 3 (precious) hours. I don't fight what time they go to bed (if they want it to be early) or if they want to nap late, because regardless, having healthy and happy kids means they need LOTS AND LOTS of sleep. Although I do try to enforce something of a schedule during the day, nighttime means "go to bed early" - usually for everyone!
.
.
That being said, it's almost ridiculous to try to plan anything around a schedule when someone is either sleeping, eating, or having a meltdown because they a)need to sleep, b) woke up crabby or c)they are having a sugar crash because they secretly found their Halloween candy!!!
.
.
Although it was such a cold and windy weekend, I'm glad we didn't go anywhere, really. Tyler had a rough week at daycare last week, and the poor kid napped for 6 hours this weekend! He's 4!!! Connor didn't even sleep that much - so, I'm guessing by Friday he was about totally exhausted and running on pure adrenaline for his totally anal teachers at daycare.
.
.
We're trying to get Tyler to bed earlier so he isn't a demon child by Friday for them at daycare, because I swear that kid is half Energizer Bunny. When he wants to he can just go and go and go...
.
.
When they do sleep though, that is the best, and also the sweetest. Kyle and I race every night to see who is going to check on the boys before we go to bed. It's so cute to see them all cuddled up and snuggled in their beds.
.
.

Connor, crashed in bed.

Tyler frequently sleeps in the car. Although it doesn't look comfortable to me, he's OUT!

1 comment:

loren said...

That last picture is hilarious! He looks utterly pooped.