Friday, March 21, 2008

Frickin' Easter Candy

"You will NEVER have another piece of frickin' Easter Candy AGAIN!", Kyle yelled, as he was gently putting (slamming) Tyler into his car seat last night as we left the mall. We decided to make a trip to the mall last night to get chunky (Connor) some pajamas that fit him, and possibly have a nice dinner in the food court (or as nice as the food court can provide). The Lord must've only known what was in store for us.

Yesterday was "Easter" at daycare. What does that mean, you ask? That's a free for all for all children under the age of 5 to eat all the junk, candy, cookies, cake, and anything else that has no nutritional value, that they can get their hands on. Tyler was not excluded.

I've been generally flexible on his Feingold diet. I'm not bringing food to daycare for him anymore, but he follows the diet at home at about 95%. (We'll have the occasional box of Hamburger Helper for supper.) I can tell the days when it's been a junky-snack day at daycare, because he's a little bit more sensitive at night, but we get through it. He has done very well though, and is growing up to be such a neat boy.

Last night though, I would've sold him (correction - GIVEN him) to any person that volunteered. We had to literally RUN through the mall, and I think we said his name 1000 times. If you were at Coral Ridge Mall last night, you would've heard something like this...

"Tyler, Tyler, TYLER, STOP! Turn around, we're going this way! This way! THIS WAY! Tyler! Stop! We're going to the food court. Slow down. Hey Tyler - what's this (attempt to distract), Tyler - it's Herky! Tyler - look at the cow! Tyler, Tyler - wanna ride on the horses? Tyler! Tyler! TYLER!"

It was rediculous. I'm sure he's not the only kid that was like this at home last night. I know they do this for fun, and to celebrate holidays, but the outcome is almost not worth it.

We left the mall last night - me carrying Tyler half sideways, half upside down after I picked him off the floor of Scheel's. Getting him in to his carseat was the next chore, and he cried the entire way home. It didn't stop then either. He continued until about 8:15 when I finally got him into bed. Not a full cry, but a semi-temper tantrum for about 3 hours.

Seeing Tyler this morning though reminded me why I love him so much, and how I can forgive him about a scene like last night. He is so balanced in the morning, so happy and so cute. He wanted to watch Superman, and I LOVE to watch the expression on his face when he watches them. Every once in a while he catches me staring at him, and just looks at me and gives me the biggest, warmest, cheesiest smile he can. He knows he's all forgiven, and I think he's the neatest little man in the world!


"Who...me?"

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I was not at Coral Ridge Mall last night, but ... I second guessed that as I was reading your post. I thought that MIGHT have been ME!

We are venturing to the mall Friday and I'm sure I'll have a similar post on Saturday.

:)