Thursday, March 13, 2008

I'll Have a Red #5

"I'll have a Red #5," Tyler told the lady behind the Dairy Queen counter. Seriously. That's what he ordered.

Kyle took Tyler tonight to get Dairy Queen - much to my surprise. I had just brought inside the remainder of my 6 pack of Heineken Light so I could drink those and pretend I control some aspect of my life - hopefully my mood - by drowning the day in a cold one. Before I could even open it, they walked back in the door. They had snuck out while I was giving Connor a bath.

"He asked for a Red #5," Kyle said, very non-chalauntly. "What is a Red #5?"

I think Kyle seriously expected me to have the answer to that question.

"I have never heard of that in my life!", I answered. At that point, I'm visually fast-forwarding through all the movies and shows that Tyler watches trying to figure out at any one point is a character ordering a Red #5. I can't find that image - anywhere.

Tyler wouldn't tell us what a Red #5 was, but apparently he was very matter-of-fact when he ordered it. Whatever it was, I'm pretty sure his ice cream trumped it because he was absolutely thrilled with what he got - and we're still waiting for the sugar buzz to pass!

No comments: