Monday, March 31, 2008

Tyler's Future

I love to just think about what types of careers my boys will have when they get older. Will they go to school? Will they be successful? Seriously, I even considered the names I chose based on what I thought they would look like on a business card. In my job, I see many business cards, and usually when you see one - you already have developed an opinion about what a person is like not only by their name, but how they spell it. Someone with the name "Baylie" for instance (no offense to anyone out there like there), would be mentally ranked different than someone like Debra.

I watched Tyler a lot this weekend, and have come to the conclusion that I think he is on the road to about 3 different career paths:

Tyler's 1st Career: Mechanic, specializing in tires. He removes tires from EVERYTHING! If the tire can be removed, it is. Sometimes even if it should not be removed, it is. There are so many random tires floating around our house at any given time, it's ridiculous - and also dangerous with a 10 month old that eats everything. I have dug at least 3 tires out of Connor's mouth.

Tyler's 2nd Career: Mover. This is a likely choice, since it is the career field of my husband. Tyler will spend hours stuffing things in to trucks. Yesterday, he was stuffing tires he had pulled off of tractors in to trucks (see Career #1). He has stuffed the following items into his dump trucks or semi trucks:
  1. stuffed animals
  2. power rangers
  3. tires (already mentioned)
  4. pajamas
  5. blocks
  6. sticks
  7. dirt
  8. food

I could go on, but I think you get the point. Anything that can fit in the back of a truck, goes there and then gets hauled around.

Tyler's 3rd Career: Landscaper. You put Tyler outside with a shovel and a dump truck, and your yard will never look the same. Come to think of it, nothing outside will. Today our driveway has more dirt on it than the yard does due to him filling his sled (yes, sled) full of dirt and mulch, then hooking that on to his Big Wheel and hauling it around. It was funny, until the sled tipped over.

He is also good at generally moving dirt. I was talking to the neighbor across the street yesterday and she was laughing about how her and her husband watched Tyler fill our mailbox with dirt a couple of months ago. I, on the other hand, didn't notice this until the mailbox was full, but apparently he was working on it for a while. She said she considered coming outside to tell me, but was laughing so hard she couldn't. I am still pulling clumps of dirt out of the mailbox this day. I don't think the mailman is too fond of Tyler now.

I am enjoying watching him grow up to bed such a neat boy, and soon, a neat young man. Next will be Connor. I'm still up in the air with that, but I'm thinking either a professional eater or one of those men that lifts heavy objects with his teeth! Holy cow - you would think this boy was raised by wolves! His greeting to you when you pick him up is to bite your shoulder with his piranha-like teeth! Yikes!

1 comment:

K'man said...

Mothers Day - May 11!
A little help, please. Is a card sufficient for the FIRST mothers day? or does there need to be a gift as well?