Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Good Guys and Bad Guys

As soon as I found out I was pregnant with a boy during my first pregnancy - I knew this day would come. I just didn't realize it would be today.

Tyler has recently become obsessed with "Good Guys" and "Bad Guys". He talks about them frequently, sometimes just saying he needs to "get" the "bad guys" (whoever they are!) Now, he wants to watch Power Rangers. He LOVES it! He is enthralled by it, and I can't break his heart and tell him it is the absolute WORST acting I've ever seen in my entire LIFE!

>

Regardless of the absolutely horrible acting, I've been watching our house slowly turn into boyville, staring with trucks and cars, and then we introduced Spider-Man, then the Incredible Hulk. "Guys" started coming with trucks, and action figures with helicopters and tractors. Now we're entering a whole new world.

Tyler somehow remembered that he has a Power Rangers shirt, that he had to put on to watch the show. During commercials, they advertise Power Rangers "stuff". He was especially interested in these glasses that you put on your face that turn you into a Power Ranger. I'm sure those glasses would be a) lost in 2.1 seconds, b) chewed on by Connor or c) jammed under the fireplace door opening. A wise investment, indeed!

I remember at one time thinking "what do I do with a boy, I know nothing about boys!", but I guess Tyler's teaching me. I'm sure it's obvious to Kyle (or was at one time) that Power Rangers are cool! Now, Tyler just needs to teach his square mom about the Good Guys and the Bad Guys!

No comments: