Wednesday, March 19, 2008

When, on earth, will it end???

"Where's Connor?", I asked, as I walked into his daycare room tonight at about 5:30. I looked left and right, and didn't see him. Staci, the nice teacher that Connor loves, was in the room.

"He's sleeping...", she answered.

Sure enough - I look over in his crib, and he's sleeping. He must've heard my voice, because just then I see his eyes dart open.

"We must not have your current phone numbers, because we've been trying to call you to get ahold of you...", and she opens their book of phone numbers. Sure enough - they still have my number from when I worked in our Coralville facility - back in 2006. I know I provided them my new numbers, twice, but that is neither here nor there.

"He has a fever of 103," she told me. I picked the little guy up, and he was literally to the point where he was so hot, you could barely hold him. He was miserable. Fire red cheeks, and bloodshot eyes. I looked at his daily sheet and I was getting ready to leave with him, and I notice it says they also used Lotrimin on him today because they believe the little guy has a yeast infection on his, um, er, little guy.

Of all days, today I forgot my cell phone at home. Even if they had tried, they probably couldn't have gotten ahold of me. I rarely sit at my desk - it's almost rediculous that they give me one. (It does do a good job holding up my monitor and the mess of papers I rearrange daily on it!)

I decided at that point to call the doctor. A yeast infection and a fever? Either, themselves alone would be nothing - but together made me worry. Maybe something else was going on.

It's confirmed - a yeast infection and a virus. Possibly Influenza A or B, since they are both spreading through the daycare like wildfire. I didn't have her do the actual test, just because the diagnosis doesn't change anything. You still just need lots of sleep and TLC to get over it. I'm pretty sure that's what we've all had over the last 3 weeks. Connor was spared until last. I seriously hope he doesn't get it as bad as I did. I'm a big girl, and felt like a baby for days. I was miserable.

I seriously cannot wait for "healthy season". This is amost getting rediculous. I have worked exactly, one, count them, ONE, full week of work since December, due to weather, daycare closings, sicknesses of Tyler, Connor and myself, and don't forget my actual 2 days of vacation in there.

Please pray for healthy season, and a healthy Connor!

No comments: