Tuesday, March 11, 2008

This crazy thing called life....

I have been so bad about consistently blogging lately because of life. Just as a glimpse into our evening, here's what is happening:

  • Picked kids up from daycare. No one was crying and they both accompanied me to the car without spitting, throwing rocks, walking in some random direction, or running off (obviously, all feats Tyler has tried before).
  • Arrive at home.
  • Tyler insists on climbing out of the car via the front seat.
  • Go get mail with Connor while Tyler falls out of car.
  • Come in to house. (Note - time is 5:45PM)

LET THE CIRCUS BEGIN!

  • Tyler opens the fridge. He wants lasagna for a snack.
  • Tell Tyler if he has lasagna, that's his dinner.
  • Tyler asks for a "picnic" on the living room floor.
  • Since Kyle is not home, give in to picnic idea, as long as he eats his freakin' dinner.
  • Put blanket out on floor to have "picnic" on.

NOW THE MELTDOWN!

  • Tyler is near hysterical because he wants to watch a show - wants lasagna for dinner and wants 'someting to dwink' all at the same time, and I'm convinced he doesn't know which one he wants first.
  • Tyler ends up crying in the middle of the kitchen floor, tears streaming down his face because he can't decide what he wants.
  • I start yelling at Tyler because I cannot even begin to help him if he can't tell me want he wants. (Although, I'm sure HE doesn't even know what he wants!)
  • Connor is whining because he is hungry and wants to eat NOW.
  • Put Connor in high chair and pour whatever I can find on his tray. (Tonight it's Sweet Potato Puffs, lima beans, Ritz crackers and peaches.)
  • Heat up lasagna for Tyler's picnic.
  • Present Tyler his lasagna to which he throws a fit about because he wants ketchup on it.
  • Put ketchup on lasagna, also accidently squirt it on Tyler's pants and blanket he is clutching due to his meltdown.
  • Tyler asks me 15 times to "sit in the chair", which means he wants me to sit in the chair with him and hold him.
  • Kindly explain to Tyler that I have to feed Connor and can't sit down right now, which is literally true.
  • Chug down glass of milk for myself because I'm getting hungry.
  • Connor screams from his highchair because he is done eating.
  • At this point, Tyler is eating lima beans and peaches instead of the whole container of lasagna that I had originally heated up for him. But wants to eat them with a "monkeeeeyyyyy ssppooooooooon", instead of the god-forsaken fork he originally picked out.
  • Carry Connor to bathtub. (Note - time is 6:15)

While walking to the bathroom, Tyler announces to me "I'm not hungry."

I give up. I freaking GIVE UP! Sometimes, nights like these, are almost too much to handle. I've heard other people say the transition from daycare to home is difficult for them as well, because the kids both need so many things - ALL AT ONCE! And me, I just want some peace and quiet after dealing with the rat race all day. Maybe tomorrow I'll sit in the middle of the kitchen floor and cry and just see what happens.....

No comments: