Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Mini-Kyles



I remember back in 2004 when I was pregnant with Tyler, I took my mom out for a Mother's Day brunch. For some reason, this memory is very vivid in my head...

My mom and I were sitting at our table eating, and a family of four came in and sat next to us. It was a mother, father, and their children, a boy and a girl. The children were older, probably in their very early twenties, but you could tell it was their children. I noticed the boy, who was a carbon copy of his mom! They were almost twins! She was an attractive, fifty-ish woman, and he was a fairly attractive young man. I kept thinking, "Boy, it would be so neat to have boys that look like me someday..."

So then Tyler was born. If you know my husband, you know that he broke his nose when he was 18 years old by being thrown over his handlebars on his bike. When Tyler was born, he was born with his nose so crooked and flattened, it was scarey at first. His nose was "bent" to the exact same side as my husbands. Not to mention the rest of the features of his he had - a tinge of red hair, huge hands, huge feet, skinney bird legs, etc. So that became fun, comparing Tyler's features of Kyle as he's been growing up - especially with now with Tyler growing inches a month.

So then I found out I was pregnant with another boy. "Great, here's my chance!", I said to myself, to 'make a child that looks like me'. And Connor was born. He looked very different at birth, but I think that's because he wasn't all smashed and bruised, like Tyler was.

As time goes on, I think I'm going to give up on the "dream" of having a child that looks like me. I took these pictures last weekend, and am actually almost scared at the resemblance - and Connor hasn't even thinned out yet! And no, there will be no more children. The factory is officially closed!


No comments: