Thursday, April 17, 2008

Back to Normal - or whatever that is...

Okay - I got everything out of my system yesterday, and although today was just as crazy of a day, I could somehow deal with it. Who knows - hormones, lack of sleep, and general overall looneyness all probaby played their part.

Today as I'm getting ready to leave work, I get my "are you picking up the boys from daycare?", call from Kyle - to which I tell him yes. For God's Sake - I left the house at 5am this morning and hadn't seen since the night before. I was looking forward to the cuteness. He mentioned that the water department was at our house again because they apparently found another leak. Fantastic. No water all evening. I can't wait.


We arrived home to find 3 - count them 3, tractors in our front yard/street. Apparently the city showed up today to finally put some seed or grass down on the part of the yard they had to tear up last September because of a water leak. They said when they put the tiller into the ground, it was just mush. They removed the cover of the (whatever it's called - the thing that sticks out of the ground), and water was literally shooting up. They said the ground was so drenched, it was mush.

So - dig up the front yard of the Stanfield's - take 3. September 2004, September 2007 and today. I think we may have fixed it today. They tore out the entire pipe that led from the street to our house that even could've leaked - it looked like about 12 foot of pipe they removed from the ground and replaced it with some brand new, heavy duty, blue plastic tubing. I guess plumbers and the water department have even reached the 21st century.

Now, we have an even bigger section of yard that will need sod, and will get about 10 feet of a new sidewalk too that they had to dig up.

I tell you what though - you want to make a 3 year olds day, bring him home to a backhoe, and a large and a small front loader, and you are the best parent in the world! Heck - it was like Disney World in our own freaking front yard! He was fascinated, and then they had to fill the hole back up - you should've seen his eyes! I've posted before about how Tyler will put anything in a truck or tractor and push it around the yard and dump it somewhere else! To actually see this being accomplished, he was mesmorized!!!

Tonight I got to tell him stories about the tractors in our front yard, and how the monsters fell out of the trees and then fell in the hole and we filled it up with dirt with the monsters in it... etc. etc. This kid has the best imagination I've ever seen!

No comments: