Friday, April 4, 2008

I almost had to call Spider-Man

So, how do you convince a totally out of control 3 year old that if he gets out of bed one more time that something bad will happen? Tell him you're going to call Spider-Man.

Tyler's been going through another one of his "phases". My "phase", I mean - horrible. He's been an absolute pill, about 80% of the time. When I picked him up from daycare today I barely made it through the door before the teacher told me "Tyler's had a very rough afternoon...." That's so hard to swallow. Say you've had a long day at work - dealing with issue after issue, and you can't wait to get to the kids because they are your lifeline to sanity. They are the reason you make it through the day, the reason you smile, and the reason you can simply do it all. Then you hear that...

It's my fault. I didn't push the Feingold Diet we had been doing because it was difficult. It took time, annd sometimes time I just didn't have. I was rooting around the kitching at 10pm or 5am trying to find food for Tyler to eat that day. It was just crazy.

So this is what we have, again. A totally out of control 3 year old that can't even contain his emotions, his actions, or his words.

We're back on the Feingold diet tomorrow. The remainder of the Easter candy will be thrown away, and I'll buy Tyler his special candy tomorrow. Only gum with no artificial flavors and no artificial colors. No cheating, no more.

So tonight, Tyler was tired. After being a total pill all day - he even looked exhausted at 7pm. I think that was also part of his problem today. I got him into the bath right after Connor at 6:30 and threw him in bed at 7:30 after he threw a ball at my head for about the 7th time. He didn't want to go to bed, and kept getting out of bed - time after time after time.

He asked me if I could tell him a story. So - I did.

If he gets out of bed one more time, I have to call Spider-Man and have him come to our house and take Tyler's toys and sell them or give them to other boys and girls. So far, I haven't had to call him, but I'll keep him on speed dial. You should've seen his eyes when I told him that. He really believed me...

No comments: